While the 1960s pre-date the age of all of our music mixologists, we appreciate the high quality and happy nature of this musical decade. The idea for this playlist was spawned while performing at a house party over this past weekend and learning that the wife of Micky Dolenz (of the Monkees) was in attendance. Of course, Micky is a legend in the family, and the guests hit the dance floor hard when I played several Monkees tracks. It was a wonderful moment!
The following playlist contains some of our favorite tracks and artists from the 1960s, and is sure to set a happy tone for your wedding cocktail hour! Can you guess which song from the 21 selections below was not recorded in the 60s, but has a distinctly 60s sound?
Our selected signature drink is “The Zombie” in a nod to one of the musical artists on the playlist. To learn more about this potent libation, click here.
Immediately below the playlist, you can listen to all tracks on our Spotify channel by clicking on the player.
The 60s Gold Cocktail Hour Playlist – Compiled by DJ Gregg Ambient
- Time of the Season – The Zombies
- California Dreamin’ – The Mamas and the Papas
- Happy Together – The Turtles
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice – The Beach Boys
- Do You Believe in Magic – The Lovin’ Spoonful
- Up, Up and Away – The 5th Dimension
- Joy to the World – Three Dog Night
- I Got You Babe – Sonny & Cher
- Oh, Pretty Woman – Roy Orbison
- She Makes Me Laugh – The Monkees
- Chapel of Love – The Dixie Cups
- Sugar, Sugar – The Archies
- More Today Than Yesterday – The Spiral Starecase
- Mrs. Robinson – Simon & Garfunkel
- Hooked on a Feeling – B.J. Thomas
- The House of the Rising Sun – The Animals
- Magic Carpet Ride – Steppenwolf
- Spooky – Classics IV
- All You Need Is L0ve – The Beatles
- For What It’s Worth – Buffalo Springfield
- Somebody to Love -Jefferson Airplane
For More Info
For more information about the NJ wedding and event services of Ambient DJ Service, visit us online at www.ambientdj.com.